Under which circumstances am I eligible to file a claim for delayed flight compensation?
Obviously an airline would prefer to avoid paying such a sum of money, as well as get bogged down by a lengthy, bureaucratic process. Airlines also wish to avoid a blow to their reputation. They therefore have several ways to evade paying:
- Delayed flight compensation claims can be avoided if an airline can prove the flight delay was caused by exceptional circumstances beyond the airline’s control.
- In many cases (but not all) a strike or extreme weather conditions occurred. What is considered an exceptional circumstance is stipulated by each country’s legal system.
You are eligible to claim compensation for delayed flights when…
… you had to wait on your flight for more than three hours! This happens a lot more frequently than one might assume.
Take advantage of having a competent partner at your side.
In the absence of exceptional circumstances, air passenger rights Regulation EU 261/2004 stipulates that compensation is due in the event of a flight delay, cancellation or denied boarding due to overbooking. If you were affected by a delayed flight and want to file a claim for delayed flight compensation with the help of flight delay claimers, please take the following steps:
- Enter the flight data of your delayed flight into the claim on our website.
- You will immediately be notified how much you are owed.
- Now simply sign a power of attorney and we will take care of the rest on your behalf.
- We will contact the airline in question.
- If the airline refuses to pay out delayed flight compensation, we will take the claim to court, at no extra cost to you.
- Our Europe-wide network of passenger rights lawyers has a proven track record in obtaining compensation from airlines for our clients.
- Once the airline has paid out your compensation, we’ll keep our commission and transfer the rest of your money directly to your bank account!
Enforce your right!
A large number of passengers affected by a flight delay are unaware of their rights. Then there are passengers that are dissuaded by a bumpy bureaucratic legal path connected to filing a claim for delayed flight compensation. And if a claim is in fact filed, the airlines put an abrupt stop to the process.
We at flight delay claimers have a large network of experts that will look closely at your case and know exactly how to proceed.
Choosing our service brings several advantages:
- We work according to the ‘no win, no fee’ principle. In other words, you do not pay a fee unless we were successful.
- There is zero risk to you. We will enforce your rights.
- The processing of your claim can of course be filled with bureaucratic hurdles. You won’t notice a thing as we take care of all necessary steps to secure a payout.
- Find out how much you are owed. Our free claim calculator is available on our website.
FAQ: Compensation for delayed flights
My flight was delayed. How long can I wait to file a claim for airline compensation?the UK
You do not have to file a claim straight away. In the UK the statute of limitations is 6 years whereas is most other places in Europe, it’s 3 years But the earlier you send your claim, the quicker you can expect to receive your delayed flight compensation payout.
I’ve entered all of my flight data? What happens now?
We will check your details one more time and then proceed with your claim. We process your claim systematically, step by step. We will keep you updated on the process of your airline compensation claim whenever progress has been made. Of course, you are free to contact us at any time, and we will respond to your query immediately.
How long must I wait for my payout?
If we were successful with your airline compensation claim, we will notify you immediately. Due to a number of factors, it is hard to predict the exact payment date. For example, an airline’s willingness to cooperate as well as a particular legal situation will vary greatly.
I received an offer from the airline. What should I do?
If we are already working on your case, please do not respond to an airline’s offer of potential flight delay compensation. Please forward such an offer to us directly or to our lawyers. We will check the delayed flight compensation amount, potential bonus miles or flight vouchers to ensure you are not being disadvantaged. We will discuss whether the offer is acceptable, or whether the airline is attempting to wriggle out of paying due to delayed flight compensation in full.